Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sew Happy

A couple of weeks ago, while Keith was gone to Vegas, I was bored and decided to do some sewing. So I dug around in my stash and came up with this tote bag...


and it's reversible.


It wasn't what I wanted though. It turned out much bigger than I planned although it was the perfect size for my Sunday school class worksheets which are legal sized. So it has become my class material tote bag. Then I tried making a smaller purse size because I like the shape of it. So I dug in my stash again and found the stuff to make this little South Carolina flag bag.



Apparently, I still hadn't gotten rid of the sewing bug. By then Easter was closing in and I really wanted something new for Easter. So I made this kicky little skirt.


I like to sew but usually in spurts. I guess this spurt isn't over yet though. I just finished cutting out a blouse for my daughter and I'm fighting the urge to go start working on it instead of going to bed like I should. It's like getting caught up in a book or something. I guess its a better addiction than chocolate. Maybe if I keep going I'll get a little better at it.

Anyone else got a habit like that?

4 comments:

Shaking Hands Art with Fralins and Friends said...

I enjoyed browsing your blog. Your sewing looks very good. My mother is a big sewer. I know how and do make things occasionally, but now that my children are grown, I just don't get into much.

Pay me a visit at my blog sometime. www.wordsprings.blogspot.com
keep up the good work. God bless

Born Blonde said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I love finding new blogs to check out. I'll come and see ya.

phyllis said...

I have the same "addiction" I get abug and then before you know it I am sewing something (Diaper covers, bibs, bags, Grocery cart seat covers). I start slow and then I get obsessed. Kelly is going to organize a "Sew night" for church to sew bags for the Missions trip this year. This sounds like fun.

Born Blonde said...

I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I may be joining the sew night. I love making bags.