Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday's Meal

This recipe is supposed to be an Otis Spunkmeyer knockoff. I found it somewhere that I cannot recall -- probably on this great big web. However, I have never seen OS lemon poppyseed muffins and cannot recall such a thing. I have therefore decided that someone actually should have called them "really great muffins that I know you'll love if only you'll try them so I'll give them a famous name and call them knockoffs." If you would beg to differ, well, I really don't care to know about it.

These are probably the favorite muffin of Hubby and I. Chick and Dude won't touch them because there are no chocolate chips in them and therefore, how can they possibly be good, I ask you.

But I tell you (and would I lie) that they are fabulous and the best "really great muffins that I know you'll love if only you'll try them so I'll give them a famous name and call them knockoffs."

Okay. Maybe that is a tad long.

Just a tad.



Lemon Poppyseed Muffins


1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup oil
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/3 cups flour
2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
1/2 cup almonds, sliced or chopped (optional)

Mix butter, oil, and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and sour cream. Blend well. Mix in salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Stir in poppy seeds and nuts. Spoon batter into greased muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees for about 20 - 25 minutes.

No comments: