Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday's Meal

We're back! We're still dragging around a bit but we are home. My body was so happy to be back in its own bed that I slept until 9:00 this morning. And the dogs slept even later.

This recipe is one that we always enjoy whether we eat it with spaghetti or in sub sandwich bread. The original directions suggest crumbling and browning 1/2 pound of ground beef and mixing into spaghetti sauce which you would then add the meatballs to. I usually do that and allow them to simmer in spaghetti sauce for a couple of hours so they absorb some of the sauce. I imagine, though, that you could use the meatballs with whatever kind of sauce you want (for example, to make swedish meatballs).

I have often thought that I should triple this and put some of the meatballs in the freezer for later but I never do and we rarely have any left after the second day. I hope your family likes them just as much.

Meatballs


1 lb. ground beef
2 eggs
salt and pepper
4 crackers, crushed
1 small onion, chopped fine
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
2 tablespoons romano or parmesan cheese
oil or shortening

Mix together all ingredients except oil or shortening. Form into balls and cook in oil/shortening. Drain.

No comments: