Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday's Meal

We've been doing the picnic thing a bit lately including Saturday's cub scout pack picnic. I'm not much of a cold sandwich kind of gal. Even tuna salad, I prefer to have on toast. And I don't want to run by KFC or some other fast food place every time. That could get expensive quick.

At day camp, when I got a brown bag every day, I discovered that I liked these wraps. So I thought I'd share how to make it today. Please share any ideas you have for making a brown bag a little more palatable. Peanut butter gets old quick.

Turkey Wraps

Flour tortillas
Thin sliced turkey
Lettuce
Cooked, crumbled bacon
Cheese (optional)

Lay your tortilla flat on a piece of plastic wrap. Some people spread a thin layer of spreadable cream cheese or other condiment on the tortilla. Layer lettuce leaves, turkey, cheese, and crumbled bacon. Whole pieces of bacon will cause the tortilla to tear when you roll it. Begin rolling, folding up the bottom as you roll. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Peel down the plastic wrap as you eat it to make it easier.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sweet mother of pearl! That sounds so good. Even better with some sliced avacodos.