Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Bone to Make

Saturday, I was feeling very domestic, I think. Over the course of the day, I made home made hamburger buns (we were grilling for supper), baked Lemon Poppyseed bread, prepared a roast for our Sunday dinner, and made these:


All while doing 3 loads of laundry. Hey!

The reason they look like dog bones is because that's what they are. Yep. Doggie treats. Peanut butter ones to be specific. I got the recipe here. And the dogs like them. Rocky will grab his and run to hide under the bed to eat it. Even though you could use any shape cookie cutter (or none at all), I had just gotten the dog bone cookie cutter off the clearance rack at a local grocery store.

I suppose that tells on me. I had been planning to try this -- one day. The recipe I originally wanted to try is this one but I didn't have any rye flour. For that matter, I didn't have any wheat flour either for the recipe I did use. I just used all purpose flour and it worked out. Next I want to make the cheese ones. The recipe actually calls for cheese but several commenters said they used peanut butter instead and it worked out fine.

And, by the way, I can't be that weird for wanting to try making them. This recipe alone had nearly 200 people comment about making them. And if you check the allrecipes.com site, there are at least 5 or 6 different recipes for making them. Not to mention ones on other sites.

So there.

No comments: