Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday's Meal

Football is in full swing again. As evidenced by the happy smile on Hubby's face (and dramatic mood swings depending on whether his team is winning or losing).

Game food practically has its own category in most recipe collections anymore. Therefore, I present to you, one of our favorite chip dips. I have no idea where I got this recipe but from the printed page I have it on, someone must have sent it to my email. And its very simple. It's also great for group gatherings. So enjoy.

Taco Dip

1 lb. ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 can refried beans
2 cups shredded cheese (either Cheddar or a Mexican blend)
black olives, sliced
green onions, chopped
tomatoes, chopped
sour cream

Brown ground beef, breaking into small chunks. Drain the fat. Reserving one tablespoon of taco seasoning, add remainder to beef and cook following directions on envelope.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a (preferably) round glass oven proof platter (I use a pie plate), spread the can of refried beans. Sprinkle the seasoned ground beef on top of the beans. Spread the cheese on top of the ground beef. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and beans are heated through.

Top with progressively smaller circles of black olives, then green onions, then tomatoes. Half of my family doesn't like the olives, onions, and tomatoes, so I usually just put them in half circles on one side of the dip. You can also add or substitute things they do like, such as avocado slices or jalapenos. Mix the reserved taco seasoning into about a cup or more of sour cream. You can either dollop that on the top of the dip or serve it on the side along with some corn tortilla chips.

Yummy. I might have to make some tonight now that I'm thinking about it.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

In Texas they call this Seven Layer Dip because, well you know. It has seven layers. Mmmm. I really should not visit your site when I am hungry. It's torture.