Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday's Meal

Lately, I have been on a soup kick. This is kind of weird because I am NOT a soup person. Campbell's chicken noodle has pretty much been it for me. Unless you count chili. Which I don't really.

It started with finding this Chicken Noodle soup I told you about. Which I like a lot. And will probably make often.

Probably my new all-time favorite is the Loaded Baked Potato soup I found on a blog recently. I have made the stuff at least 3 times since finding it and I still crave it frequently. In fact, I find myself thinking about it and drooling at least once every couple of weeks. Yeah, it's that good.

Then there's this Broccoli Cheese soup I found recently. Mmmm.

So here's a soup for you that I got from a very good friend. She was the preacher's wife at the congregation we attended in Georgia. I had it simmering when the pest control man was here once and he commented on how good it smelled several times and even asked about the recipe.

One note - we don't like canned tomatoes so I usually leave them out. You can too if you don't like them and it would be fine. I originally wavered about dolloping sour cream in a bowl of soup but, trust me on this, you want to try it. It really makes the stuff.


Taco Soup

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 can tomatoes with juice
1 can kidney beans
1 can whole kernel corn
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 medium clove garlic, minced
1 bell pepper, chopped
4 cups water

Brown ground beef with onion, pepper, and garlic. Drain. Combine remaining ingredients in a large soup pot. Add beef mixture. Simmer for 1 hour. Serve, if desired, with grated cheese, sour cream, and corn chips (we prefer corn tortilla chips but Frito-type work too). Provide tabasco sauce, salt, and pepper for individual seasoning. Serves 8 - 10.

No comments: