Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday's Meal

Lately, I have been on a soup kick. This is kind of weird because I am NOT a soup person. Campbell's chicken noodle has pretty much been it for me. Unless you count chili. Which I don't really.

It started with finding this Chicken Noodle soup I told you about. Which I like a lot. And will probably make often.

Probably my new all-time favorite is the Loaded Baked Potato soup I found on a blog recently. I have made the stuff at least 3 times since finding it and I still crave it frequently. In fact, I find myself thinking about it and drooling at least once every couple of weeks. Yeah, it's that good.

Then there's this Broccoli Cheese soup I found recently. Mmmm.

So here's a soup for you that I got from a very good friend. She was the preacher's wife at the congregation we attended in Georgia. I had it simmering when the pest control man was here once and he commented on how good it smelled several times and even asked about the recipe.

One note - we don't like canned tomatoes so I usually leave them out. You can too if you don't like them and it would be fine. I originally wavered about dolloping sour cream in a bowl of soup but, trust me on this, you want to try it. It really makes the stuff.


Taco Soup

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 can tomatoes with juice
1 can kidney beans
1 can whole kernel corn
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 medium clove garlic, minced
1 bell pepper, chopped
4 cups water

Brown ground beef with onion, pepper, and garlic. Drain. Combine remaining ingredients in a large soup pot. Add beef mixture. Simmer for 1 hour. Serve, if desired, with grated cheese, sour cream, and corn chips (we prefer corn tortilla chips but Frito-type work too). Provide tabasco sauce, salt, and pepper for individual seasoning. Serves 8 - 10.

No comments: