Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday's Meal

So yesterday was our ministry fair and to go along with our booth, I had S'mores Bars. It was a theme thing. Yes, I had a theme going. I'll put up pictures tomorrow but let me tell you. My treat plate was CLEAN. And I made a recipe and a half of these things. And there were goodies everywhere. And people kept telling me how good they were.

So aren't you lucky I'm going to tell you the recipe?

I thought so too.

I think the one I have came from recipezaar.com. Here it is.

S'mores Bars

1/3 cup light corn syrup
1 tablespoon margarine or butter
1 cup MILK CHOCOLATE chips/chunks
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups Honey Graham cereal (like Golden Grahams)
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows (as fresh as possible is the best but older ones work fine too)

Butter or grease a 9x9x2 pan. They set up quickly so be ready.
Heat corn syrup and margarine to boiling in large saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Stir in cereal, coating well. Fold in marshmallows.
Pour into pan. The secret is to press HARD all the mixture into the pan. The best way to do this that I've found is to lay a piece of wax paper on top and press it down flat into the pan with both hands until it is pretty compacted. Allow to stand at room temp. for an hour or more. Cut into bars.

Serve and allow the minions to bow at your feet.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

How did I miss these at the ministry fair? Man, they sound great. Hmm, now I have to think of an excuse to make up a whole batch of chocolatly, marshmellowy goodness.