Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ministry Fair 2008

What is a ministry fair? It's a chance for all the ministries in your congregation to show what they are doing, how they are doing it, and give you the opportunity to get involved in it.

This is a picture I snapped before it started when most (but not all) of the tables were set up. My camera doesn't have a wide angle lens so imagine this as the main aisle with one on either side and of course some displays behind me.

I was asked to help repair the Ladies Bible Class display. I helped a talented lady with it last year.

I had a thought and made these little cardboard coffee cup cut outs to stand in front of it. They have Bible verses on them. I told Hubby I would love to have a bunch of them to scatter all over the house. Sometimes, during the day, you need a strategically placed reminder.

You know. Don't get grumpy. Worrying never added to one's life. Oh, yeah. Love thy neighbor even if garbage from his can is blowing into your yard. Yes, even cleaning the toilet is something you can do well because you're doing it as if for God.

As we were setting up that one on Saturday, Hubby asked about the cub scout pack the congregation is charter organization for. When we found out there would be enough tables to set up a display, we decided to do it using some of the boards we already had showing each level. We went home and that evening, I thought that I would try to gather some things to make it a little more interesting. So I made the sign to put on the top. That was necessary so they would know why it was part of the ministry fair.

And since I had already made oatmeal raisin cookies for the World Bible School display, I tried to think of something easy -- like a bar cookie -- that I could make for this one. S'mores Bars came to mind, especially since camping is one of the things kids like best about cub scouts. And then I thought it would be neat to have a little campfire or something like that sitting there. Well, I must say I love the internet. Especially at 10:00 pm.

Isn't that the cutest thing? We got it set up and one of the little boys who was there with his parents started pretending to roast one of the sticks of 'marshmallows' over the 'campfire.'

So now I had my theme going. Cub scouts -- roasting marshmallows -- smores bars. We had a lot of visitors.

Which is why my smores bars were all gone.

Where's that verse about being grumpy again?

No comments: