Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday's Meal

One of my favorite things to do at this time of year is go to Cookie Swaps. The different cookies are cool but I love sitting with my friends visiting, having hot cider or chocolate, and chowing down on cookies. Honestly, can it get any better than that? Cookies Swaps are the one time no woman worries about how many calories are in what they are eating.

Last week, I got a hankering to make something I hadn't tried before and this was the recipe I found. Everyone in the house loves them. They are soft and chewy inside despite the volcanic look of the outsides -- almost like brownies. And they are fairly small too. So if you, you know, eat 2 or 3 or 6, you don't feel quite so naughty.

I hope you enjoy them too.


Chocolate Crinkles

3 eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
sifted powdered sugar

Mix together eggs, granulated sugar, chocolate, oil, baking powder, vanilla, and flour. Cover and chill dough for 1 to 2 hours.

Shape dough into one inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar and place on ungreased baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake at 375 degrees until edges are set and tops are cracked. Transfer to a cooling rack. You may sprinkle with more powdered sugar while warm if you desire.

2 comments:

bekster said...

How do you go about melting the chocolate? If the chocolate is still in a hot and melted state, does that make it tricky to mix with the eggs without them cooking prematurely?

Born Blonde said...

I melted the chocolate in the microwave following the directions on the package. It was like - 30 seconds, then stir, and if not melted, heat for another 30 seconds.

I've never had a problem mixing something warm into a dough like that with the eggs as long as I don't put them together. I always stir in one and then stir in the other to distribute the heat.

Let me know if you try them and how they turn out.