Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, January 16, 2009

The Pros and Cons

Sometimes I wonder if all the technology we have is such a good thing. I especially find myself wondering when I am fussing at my locked up computer or the cable cuts off at the scary part in the movie I'm watching.

But I suppose it is like many things in this world. It can be a blessing or a curse depending on how you use it.The Bible speaks to that to some degree --

A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. Luke 6:45a

You know by now how much I love my TV Guardian. Technology made that possible. And I have more information about what's going on with the adoption because of this internet doohicky. The Chick receives home school lessons daily because of technology. So I have been receiving blessings from technology.

But I think sometimes its easier just to get mad at that little electric box and want to smash it.
And you know I'm right, too.

But this week, I found a blessing in technology on Facebook. A good friend from high school contacted me out of the blue. He was one of the people who made high school bearable and now I've gotten to catch up with him. Taking my cue from him, I searched for - and found - a very good friend of mine from our time in the army just last night. It was in fact the friend who first told me about Chinese adoption. So I have been pretty happy lately. And I feel as if God has given me two very special gifts for no reason at all this week.

Technology is on my good side right now. And I plan to enjoy my weekend catching up with old friends. I hope you have a great one too.

3 comments:

Black Gurl Natural said...

Your blog is pretty cool.

Born Blonde said...

Thank you.

bekster said...

I have these same thoughts myself sometimes. Enjoying technology makes me feel like a hypocrite, but what can ya do? Sometimes it really is worth it.