Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Asian Cravin'

I've been having a mad craving for Chinese food for several weeks. The last time I ordered some was when I had what I thought was a stomach virus but have now determined was food poisoning. I only got about 3 bites before my tummy decided to rid itself of my earlier funky lunch. Hubby rather enjoyed my Chinese food for his lunch the next day though. The big lout!

On a side note, I think food poisoning is the way to go because only the one who ingested it gets sick. With a virus, you watch with dread as it makes its way through the entire family eventually coming to the conclusion that all your antibacterial hand washing and Lysol-ing the bathrooms was in vain when you too get sick. And I don't handle that kind of sick well at all.

So last night, I decided to have a little Chinese dinner. I had some frozen eggrolls in the freezer and Barb had just posted a this tutorial for fried rice (which is where my downfall is). Plus, last week a local grocery had these on sale for buy one get one free -- the same store that allows you to just get one at half price if you prefer...

Which is what I did because I wanted to try it. I got Cashew Chicken though but I didn't use the rice since I was making fried rice. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this kit was. It actually tasted like something from a restaurant.

Apparently, everyone else thought it was good too. We had approximately 1/4 cup left.

We'll just see who gets the leftovers this time, buddy!

No comments: