Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, January 29, 2009

I Live!

I usually only work one night a week at Blockbuster. This week it was Tuesday night. I went in on Tuesday night feeling fine. Probably the only odd thing that happened that day was that I found myself sleeping a long time that morning -- like until it almost wasn't morning anymore. But I felt okay. I got to work and thinking I was hungry went to take my break almost 2 hours after I got there. Five minutes into eating my dinner, I had to make a run for it. And after the second time, I realized it wasn't just low blood sugar. I told the assistant manager I had gotten ill and she didn't even hesitate to send me home. She has kids too so I know she didn't want it.

That has never happened to me though. I cannot remember a single time when I was already at work and had to go home because I got sick while there. There have been a few times when I haven't felt well and wished I could go home but I never got sent home.

So in addition to all the lovely stuff that followed that evening and the next day as I wrestled with this virus, I now find myself really embarrassed about being sent home. I'm sure its my overactive guilt complex. But still...

I seem to be past it now although I still feel kind of puny. I am concerned that the Chick might have gotten it. She seems to be sleeping in this morning. If that's the first sign, I may confine her to crackers and soup until tomorrow, just to be sure. I'm really afraid Hubby may get it over the weekend. He has a business trip next week. Wouldn't that be fun. To get a stomach virus on an airplane. I guess he'd be keeping all of his food money.

Anyway, if you think of it, keep us in your prayers as we get through this.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Hope your family gets over the virus soon! Don't feel guilty about going home --- no one wants to be exposed to those germs! You did them a favor, really.

I've been checking out your blog lately and I made the chocolate chip muffins from your recipe and blogged about them. They were terrific!

Thanks for all the recipes! I hope to try the Roast Sticky Chicken soon.

Hmm. Maybe I shouldn't be talking to you about food! :( Sorry!

Born Blonde said...

Thanks Tina. I hope so too. I love hearing that the recipes worked out for other people too. You should try the chicken. It is so good, a little warm, but worth it.
And don't worry, I'm feeling better so I can talk about my favorite topic. Thanks for the well wishes.

Ann said...

Ugh, Jaocb had it this week, with fever too-

but so far the rest of us have survived! So there is hope!