Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, February 20, 2009

An Explosive Learning Experience

I think I've mentioned before about our kid's night dinners every Thursday. Last week was the Chick's week. She made up her menu, got the shopping done, and was all set to go as of Thursday morning. She even got the shopping done from the sales flyers. She cooked us a ham. 'Cause who needs to wait for a holiday when they are on sale?

Hubby and I had just eaten our Valentine's celebration lunch at O'Charley's earlier that week. Their rolls are super soft and I thought, when she wanted to make rolls, that a copycat recipe might be in order. So I yanked one off of the internet for us to try.

I use my bread machine on the 'dough' setting anytime I make bread or rolls. She had never used it before. We went through our regular routine for using a new appliance and I explained thoroughly the instructions. She got the ingredients in in the proper order and set it to 'dough.' She had it down.

About 30 minutes later, this:

You see, she did everything right. I didn't.

I should have made sure that the amount of dough it would make was right for the size of my bread pan.

And if I had looked, I would have halved the recipe so that it would not have erupted all over the inside of my bread machine.

Every cloud has a silver lining though. My bread machine is so pretty and clean now. I had to clean that stuff out before it dried, you know.

By the way, the copycat recipe wasn't much of a copycat. Guess I'll have to try again.

No comments: