Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, February 19, 2009

What's a Swagbuck?

Recently, I read on MoneySavingMom.com about Swagbucks. If any of you noticed that little box on the side over there, you might have been wondering about them too. Swagbucks is an online search site -- kind of like Yahoo or Google. It's free to register with them. When you use them to search for something on the web, they randomly award a swagbuck (or more) to you. You can then redeem those for giftcards and the like. I thought, well, it will be forever before I earn enough to get anything but when I do, it will be free so I signed up. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it out. Uh, yeah, no kidding.

I believe it takes about 45 to get a free $5 gift card on Amazon.com and the levels go up from there. But not as much as you might think. They are really easy to earn. I signed up when I read about it on the 20th or so of January. I already have 72.

About 20 of them came from purchases from 1-800-pet meds, 1-800-contacts, and a few song downloads at Walmart.com. When you click from their site to the places you buys stuff online, they give you one for every $5 you spend.

The rest are from my and my daughter's searches. Hubby uses it too. But we have an account set up for the Chick's computer. You see, for every one of your "friends" that earns a swagbuck searching, you also get one.

Anyway, that's what it is. If you want to know more about it, just click on the little box. It will take you to their site for info.

I figure even if I only use it for little gift cards or something occasionally, it's still free. It's not any extra work. And honestly, when you get one, it gives you just a little thrill. So its fun too.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Sheila....this is EXACTLY the sort of thing Ben will LOVE!! He's a sucker for the word "free" as I'm always so skeptical that it's no strings attached. I'm going to tell him about "swagbucks." I'll be he'll be earning them left and right.