Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'm There.

Have you ever been at one of those places in your spiritual walk?

I'm in one of those places.

I've found myself really wishing I could just wipe the hard drive so to speak of all the things I've always thought about God and start over. Is that even possible? I'd like to get rid of everything I was taught or heard or picked up -- all those preconceived notions about Him. Then I'd like to just start with Genesis 1 and form an idea of Him based only on His word.

Can you do that, I wonder. Even when I have done studies just on God's character, I have found it tainted by all the ideas I already had. I'd love to just learn from what He says about who He is and form my ideas that way. But I don't think the human brain is made that way. And re-learning something is so hard.

If I figure it out though, I'll be sure to share.

2 comments:

bekster said...

Yes, I know what you mean...

happyathome said...

I think you are in a really good place to start. God loves to "renew" your mind!