Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Good Friday!

Or Easter Traditions and Sneaky Teachers

It's a working title.

My son came home announcing that he could get extra credit if he brought in Hot Cross Buns on Thursday (they were out of school today). Hmmm. When my daughter had the same teacher, I remember making Hot Cross Buns for her to take in too.

I'm thinking this teacher is a fan of homemade goodies. Sneaky. Very sneaky. But far be it from me to hinder my son's education. So...

Traditionally they are made on Good Friday. Hey! It's Good Friday. Lucky you.

I've already made mine. Actually, my daughter, who is the world's biggest fan of all things bread, was ever so happy that I made a couple of extra buns.

Here is the recipe I used although I left out the spice and raisins because my children are NOT the world's biggest fans of all things with raisins.

And, in my son's case, things with cinnamon. If you'd like a more traditional spiced sweet roll, you can use the recipe here.

Let me know if you start your own Easter Traditions.

Or if you have a sneaky teacher.

Or, you know, are one.

No comments: