Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Doggy Wardrobe on the Cheap

Over the weekend, we were in our local Wally World and happened onto one of our favorite places - the clearance aisle. While perusing the markdowns, we found a doggy tank top that we all wanted to get. I have been working hard to cut back on our spending and it was marked at 5.00. I told Hubby that I would have gotten it if it were 3.00 or less but I just wasn't willing to spend 5.00 on something frivolous like that.

Don't get me wrong. Rocky will be happy for it once it gets cooler outside because wearing it to go out will let him take his time and finish up rather than running to the door as soon as he gets cold (which doesn't take long). But he already has a blanket, so he was covered (literally).

Even so, we all really thought the 'tank top' as it was called was cute and funny and fit Rocky to a 'T.' So Hubby suggested we check it at one of the price check machines they have hanging about because things don't always get marked down on the ticket as fast as they do in the computer.

I carried it along with us, just knowing that it was 5.00 and somehow we would end up paying that after all. Every minute we held on to it was one more minute we were attached to it -- kind of like picking up a puppy knowing you can't have one in your apartment building. And I didn't want to spend that five bucks.

Finally, we came to a price checker. Hubby and the kids didn't notice and kept walking. But I figured I'd get it over with and lay it down right there. It was the perfect opportunity. I scanned it. And it said:

$3.00.

Yep. So we got it. And here he is in it.

And he was pleased (which equals confused as to why I was making him sit and stay while I went around to his backside) to model the reason we thought it was so perfect for him.

Obviously, it was waiting for him alone. Don't you think?

After telling the family what it scanned at, I suggested we head over to electronics to find a television I could claim I would pay 3.00 for. Then we could scan it too.

2 comments:

bekster said...

LOL

Barb said...

I'm dropping in to thank you for visiting my place, BB. You have no idea how lucky I think you are to live in the low country. Colorado is beautiful too, of course, but it's not the low country. :-)

Just this weekend I was telling my daughter Krissy that I think I should start buying clothes for Chelsea (my Shih Tzu). You should have seen her roll her eyes. LOL

By the way, I love your ultrasound and I think it's great that you're "pregnant on paper."