Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday's Menu

I hope you had a great Independance Day. We, of course, joined a large portion of America and grilled some hamburgers as part of our day. I am not really one of those people who likes to grill ears of corn so we almost never do. But summer is grillin' time. So,I thought I would share this -- my totally acceptable substitute for them. I first made this as part of our Thanksgiving meal. It works quite well with most meals actually.

I readily admit that today's recipe requires some convenience items, however, you can easily substitute home made for those or, at the very least, something that isn't from a can if you like. It originally came from Allrecipes.com.

Corn Casserole


1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 15-ounce can creamed corn
1 15-ounce can whole kernel corn
1 8.5-ounce package of corn muffin mix (like Jiffy)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, stir together ingredients. Pour into a greased 1-quart casserole dish. Bake about 40 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments: