Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday's Menu

The entire end of our week was rainy and cool. The weatherman kept calling it 'soup weather.' I think he may have been right.

I enjoyed this soup on Friday night. And it is one I will be adding to my regular menu. I believe I will try to make it a little thicker and less soupy next time but it was quite good even with more liquid.

It's another one I found on the Allrecipes site that I changed a little to my liking. That is perhaps one of my favorite places to visit. I hope you enjoy it too.


Corn Chowder

4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 can cream style corn
1 1/2 cups cubed potatoes
1 can cream of chicken soup
2-3 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste

In a large saucepan, saute onion and bacon until onions are tender. Add corn, potatoes, soup, milk and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil STIRRING CONSTANTLY. This soup will burn very easily. Then lower the heat considerably and simmer about 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

No comments: