Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's a Small World

Last night we went to our Wednesday night service at our congregation. I just finished a Bible study in the ladies class I attend and so, rather than join another ladies class already in progress, I decided to just join the auditorium class that evening.

After the class, Hubby and I stood up and happened to meet the family behind us. They told us they were just visiting our area from...

Arkansas.

I grinned and told them I was also from Arkansas. Then I asked what area in Arkansas they were from. Benton was the answer and I replied in kind that I had grown up in Little Rock. I told them that my mom still attends a congregation there.

She asked which one and when I told her, she and her daughter gasped and stammered that they also attend that same congregation.

When I told her who my mom was (after stumbling over her new last name) she immediately turned to her husband and told him that I was Sherry's daughter.

They have apparently known John for years upon years and my mom for all the time she's been worshipping there as well.

In fact, they were at the wedding.

And -- they stood in line for cake at the reception chatting with the Chick whom they also remembered.

How crazy is that! They were visiting a family member who lives in Charleston but attends another denomination and decided to join our worship.

Only God could create and orchestrate such a large family that you meet someone you have a connection with over 800 miles from home. He is AWESOME!

1 comment: