Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's the Smell

I gave up buying dog shampoo a long time ago.

There it is. It's out there. I'm a horrible pet owner. I heard the gasp of shock. You can't fool me.

So what does he get? It is my choice of Dawn (you know - dishwashing liquid) or whatever the cheap shampoo in the house is currently.

An aside: We usually have a 'cheap' shampoo in the kid's bathroom. A little boy whose head sweats a lot needs a cheap shampoo with no frills. Just take my word for it.

So guess what I discovered. The current 'cheap' shampoo is a variety that smells like coconut oil. I have used this a couple of times on Rocky now.

Because he can smell...REAL....BAD! Unless we (meaning I) wash him often. Which I do.

Because he can smell...REAL...BAD... otherwise (he was raised on a farm - outdoors. Nuff said.).

So my discovery is that when I use this particular shampoo on him, He smells like Fritos the next day. You know like these things:

Do they use coconut oil to make corn chips? I don't think so. But that's what he smells like.

Fritos. Who would have guessed it.

I have asserted repeatedly that if he wasn't pretty, he probably wouldn't have made it this long. Feel free to check out the character traits of MinPins here.

But now I'm thinking it's because he smells like food maybe.

Which may also attribute to all the snuggles I give him when he's clean.

No, no. It's not the sweet little look he gives me or the liquid brown eyes or the warm little body nosing onto my lap.

I'm sure it's the Frito smell.

Sure of it.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Ha haa! o.k., first of all we are currently "dog-less" at the Greenehouse. Not because we "got rid" of the dog permanently, but because my wonderful father in law suggested that he and Martha keep little Doby for us while we have our house up for sale. I have to admit, we're loving it! (shhh, don't tell the boys) The boys miss him like crazy and ask for him each morning. While I explain that he's at Granddad's house, I secretly smile thinking of how quiet and less smelly things have been these past two weeks. So there, another confession of a guilty dog-owner who loves her dog, but not his smells...or barks. :)

Donna said...

Shelia, I think our Snickers paws smell like fritos...we have always thought that so it is funny that you shared that.
As far as a smell, we could go months and months without shampooing our min. He does not have a smell. In fact I have a friend that used to comment on how she loved to smell him. Now his breath...that's a whole nother story. Oooooohhhh now that's bad. Do you keep Rocky outside any or is he mostly inside or both?

Born Blonde said...

He's an inside dog. He gets crated when we're gone. But he has his peanut butter filled toy as a consolation so he doesn't seem to mind. And church is probably the longest time he's usually in it.