Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Future Christian Homemakers Is Winding Down

Our year of Future Christian Homemakers is almost over. These are pictures from our last month's class. We only have a class in April and one in May left. And then our Graduation Banquet at the end of May.

This has been a lot more fun than I had thought it would be. And the girls truly seem to enjoy it as well.

It can be a lot of work but I think they might be a step up on several of their peers now especially once they have families of their own.

I went into marriage knowing how to sew and able to follow a recipe. Now I feel like I have so much more knowledge than I even realized was available.

The girls in our class are at the same level I was at when I married. They still have a decade or so to learn even more and advance beyond that.

I feel good knowing we helped them with that. And that there's a possibility that their families will someday benefit from it as well.

I find myself really looking forward to the Graduation banquet. I'm excited to show off what they can do and to honor them for coming and working each month to learn these skills. You can be sure that I'll have plenty of pictures that night.

No comments: