Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday's Menu

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter yesterday! We certainly did. After worship and much running around like a crazy person, we were able to join some friends for dinner (the supper kind, not the lunch kind).

Because we are more family than friends, I contributed as much as I could to the dinner. She had planned to grill with just us but then it became a traditional Easter dinner with several other friends joining us. As a result, she was out buying a ham on Saturday -- you know, the day before Easter. Eeek!

One of the things I contributed was a strawberry pie. Currently, Hubby is the only person in our household who likes strawberries although the Chick has warmed up to them considerably. I think it's a texture issue at least in part for me and possibly for Dude, but I've have tried to like the flavor too. And, well, I just don't. When I say that, people generally look at me as if I have three heads but, you know what, not everybody has to like every thing I do either. And I don't expect it.

However, considering that the pie was gone by Easter evening, I'm going to assume that it was good. I originally found the recipe in one of those church type junior league recipe books that usually act as a fundraiser. So for you who like strawberries, I thought I'd share it. You can find it below.

And now I'm going to have a chocolate egg.

Strawberry Pie

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup cornstarch
pinch of salt
1 small box strawberry gelatin
strawberries
1 baked pie shell

Combine sugar, water, cornstarch, and salt in a small saucepan. Cook until clear (mine was more opaque) and thick. Remove from heat. Add gelatin and mix well. Allow to cool. Layer strawberries in pie shell. Pour sauce over them. Chill until set. Top with whipped cream before serving.

No comments: