Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday's Menu

I attended a baby shower brunch the other day and I have decided that brunch is the way to go for a shower.

All my favorite kinds of foods.
Not too early in the day that I can't sleep in.
Not too late in the day that I can't do anything else.

Yeah. I'm liking the brunch idea.

So, I decided to share a quiche recipe today. This is a pretty simple recipe and you can switch out the meat and cheese to a different combination if you wish. Although this seems like it should be a breakfast or brunch type recipe, I think it would be quite good on a dinner menu as well.

The recipe comes from my favorite free ezine (email magazine/newsletter) - Real Food 4 Real People. Enjoy.

Quiche

1 deep dish pie crust (premade or homemade)
7 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 lb. cooked, ground sausage
1 1/2 - 2 cups grated cheese (such as cheddar, Jack, or swiss)

Place browned sausage in bottom of pie crust and top with cheese. Beat eggs with milk and pour over sausage and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes until set.

Note: You can also substitute veggies for the meat. Or make individual quiches mixing up eggs one at time and covering as needed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you could come to the shower. I personally LOVE the brunch idea for showers. I'm kind of hoping that we can incorporate them more and more into our repertoire at church:).

Amanda said...

Yes! I loved the brunch. It was so nice to visit with you, without all the children. You are right about the timing being perfect. A brunch does not interrupt my family's nap time or evening schedule, so it's perfect for my family.

Born Blonde said...

I think I see a trend developing. :)

There may be more brunch showers in our futures.