Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, April 9, 2010

Too Much Stuff

A friend told me last Friday that she was having a garage sale and asked if I had anything to contribute.

A blog that I read regularly about saving money at the grocery store is having a Declutter challenge that she began on Tuesday.

Yesterday, I received a postcard from our local thrift store saying a truck would be in our neighborhood to pick up donations in a couple of weeks.

Is someone trying to tell me something here? I know I need to declutter some but seriously? I wasn't aware that everyone else thinks I need to as well.

So, I can be a little slow, but I get it. It's time to clear out and organize. I can do this. And what do I start with? The most cluttered area in our house.... the master closet. Honestly! It's about the size of a very small bathroom but even after clearing it out and then only putting back in what was going to stay, I ended up with two kitchen bags of garbage and a very intimidating pile of giveaways. My son laid his hand on my shoulder last night and told me in a matter of fact voice, "The thrift store truck is going to love you."

But, hey, I did the worst first. The only other area that even comes close is the garage.

And I was brutal, baby. I got rid of stuff that I had been hanging on to for whatever reason for too long. And it was contagious because so did Hubby. Now, I've just got to find a place for it until the truck gets here.

Ugh!

No comments: