Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cheap Thrills

This was what we did on our rip-roaring Saturday night.

We're such swingers!

I think people underestimate the appeal of puzzles. Every one of us ended up eventually being drawn to the card table where we worked together and talked. The tv wasn't holding any of us in a screen coma and we were actually having conversations.

99 cents at the thrift store for all that is a bargain as far as I'm concerned. And we were so proud of our completed one that we left it set up so the Chick could see when she got home.

Usually I try to have one that we put together if Hubby is gone on a business trip, particularly during the summer, that we all work on. But I may try having them available for slow Saturday afternoons from now on too. It sure worked last Saturday.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I LOVE puzzles! I just came to a conclusion the other day that I needed to find more diversions that stimulated my mind instead of putting me in a coma. I would like something pleasant to do whenever I have a few minutes of down time, but I am finding that when when I turn off my brain too much, I start feeling horribly wasteful. So...I've started reading some more books, and am thinking about keeping some crossword puzzles laying around. Jigsaw puzzles are great, too, but with two toddlers, the big ones seem like a disaster waiting to happen!

Born Blonde said...

Reading and crossword puzzles (and other things like that)have also been proven to stave off Altzheimers and such dementia. Even more reasons to keep 'em around.