Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday's Menu

Yep. Those are just as gooey and yummy as they look.

Wanna know how to make them? I found the recipe on the Pillsbury website originally but this is how I made them.

I was taking them to a potluck where we have a family whose daughter is allergic to nuts so I didn't include the peanuts but I would if they were just for us. I can't imagine that they would do anything but add to the yumminess. And honestly, that little bit of saltiness would blend so well.

The original calls for premade refrigerated cookie dough and suggests making it in a pizza shape. I didn't have premade cookie dough and, again, it was for a potluck so bars worked better. You can do it however makes you happiest though. :) Hope you enjoy!


Rocky Road Bar Cookies

Cookie bottom:
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3/8 cup sugar
3/8 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 1/8 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Topping:
1 cup miniature marshmallows (I used more though because of my 9x13 pan)
1/2 cup peanuts
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (again, I used a little more)
1/3 caramel topping -- as in, for making sundaes and such

Combine cookie dough ingredients. Mix well and press into greased pan. Bake at 350 for about 12 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle marshmallows, peanuts and chocolate chips over top of cookie. Drizzle with caramel topping. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until topping is melted. Cool completely.

Safety note: The caramel topping in particular can get very hot and hold the heat well. So you want to make sure it is completely cooled. It would be very easy to burn your mouth if it isn't cooled through.

No comments: