Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, May 6, 2010

No More Tree Limb

After the tree removal guy got there and saw this...

He uttered a surprised "Whoa." And my heart sank as I thought to myself, " This is gonna be expensive."

But it turned out okay. Our fence had taken the brunt of the limb. The windshield wasn't even broken (thank you Lord). Only the bug guard was damaged and his radio antenna was leaning a little. He thought most of the scratches could be buffed out.

What's more, our very good neighbor proved to be just that. He kind of laughed about the whole thing. Some neighbors would have been screaming at me or cursing me up and down. But he took the whole thing in stride. It is a wonderful thing to have a good neighbor (thank you for that too Lord).

Our roofing friend will have to return and replace three or four of our BRAND NEW shingles but that's a good thing. They said if our roof hadn't been new, the damage would have been more severe. As for the fence, well, it wasn't in the best shape anyway so replacing a few boards certainly isn't the worst thing.

At the end of the day, when the wood had been hauled away (in a box trailer that they were afraid might not hold it all because the limb was so big) and everything was cleaned up, it wasn't so bad after all. Of course, if I had called sooner about removing the tree to begin with -- because my neighbor and I were just discussing that last week -- I could have saved some stress and money. Hubby was afraid it would be too costly even though I've been wanting it gone for a few months now. And especially after my neighbor had asked about it. But who's to say it would have been done by Tuesday?

I lived through it. And God was with me through it all so I should have known I'd be victorious in the end.

But guess what, they're coming back at the end of the month to get rid of the accursed thing for good. Nothing can be that bad that lets you have your way in the end right.

No comments: