Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

One Thing After Another

I had a post planned for yesterday but this happened instead...

The Dude did something to his wrist Sunday night but didn't tell us it was hurting him until I grabbed it and got barked at Monday afternoon. So I got to spend Tuesday running back and forth from the school to the doctor's. It was confirmed by x-ray yesterday that he fractured it.

So now he's wearing a splint for a couple of days until the swelling goes down and they can put a cast on it.

Of course this didn't happen on a normal day. Hubby left on a business trip yesterday morning. I got home and ate my breakfast and, not too long after that, we lost our power thanks to a storm for a couple of hours.

It returned just in time for me to leave and go pick him up for his appointment. But they were on a field trip. It had taken longer than they thought for the "main event" so they weren't back yet.

I signed him out of school, picked up the Chick since I wouldn't be back in time, and ran to the McDonald's where they were having their late lunch. We were 10 minutes late to the appointment. The doctor felt around on it and made him squeal then told us to drive around the corner where they get their x-rays done.

He had told us it would be an hour after the x-ray to get the results but instead they told us just to wait and, about 20 minutes later, out she came with the news that one of us would be getting a cast (for the first time in two generations if I'm not mistaken).

We made it home just in time for me to get changed and leave for work that night.

But don't despair. The fun ain't over yet. Because this morning, my neighbor called me over as we were leaving for school to show me this...


On the other side of that fence is his driveway and, subsequently, his pretty red truck. Now currently underneath that big limb.

We had just finished discussing removing this tree since it was trying to worm its way into both our roofs. He even offered to help pay for it some since he would be responsible for his own roof if something happened.

Several years ago in Arkansas, a tree fell on the brand new van we had had for only 2 1/2 months. So I know how this stuff works but I didn't have the heart to tell him that his insurance would be the one who would have to take care of his truck. My insurance people confirmed it on the phone a bit ago. It seems like some kind of insurance loop hole or something but apparently its the same everywhere.

I very much hope that in addition to dealing with a child's fractured wrist, an out of town hubby, and a downed tree limb that I don't also end up dealing with an angry neighbor. Especially one who has been so nice to have.

If you think of us today, please send a prayer our way. I think we may need them. A lot.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ugh! What a day, we're praying for some peace at your house!!