Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday's Menu

This is my recipe book.

No, it's not a trick of the camera or light. No, it isn't the perspective.

It really is

THAT HONKIN' BIG.

I started out with a little beginner's recipe book -- the kind with 12 plastic pages that you can slide your index cards into, two to a page. Then I graduated to a small binder, about the size of a daytimer. Next I moved up to a 1-inch binder one of the kids had left from school. Finally, I just gave up and put it all in this one. It's about a 3-inch binder. As you can see, I haven't neglected it.

I have everything in four categories -- Breads, Main/Sides, Desserts, and Miscellaneous/Non-Food. Gee, can you tell what's important to me there? I've been considering adding one for the sides and one for spice mixes and the like. But I haven't done it yet.

Today's recipe is one I've wanted to put on here but I wasn't sure if I should. A friend gave it to me and I'm not sure if it is her own or she got it from somewhere else. I didn't want to disrespect her in any way.

However, one of the reasons I've wanted to add it is not only to share it with you, but also because this site is kind of like my own online recipe book. If I have internet access, I can pull up my favorite recipes no matter where I am. My memory is not that great so that's kind of helpful. And much easier than carrying around my big ole' book (which I coincidentally did before even on Arkansas trips and it often was very handy to have with me).

So here it is, but as much for me as for you guys. I hope you enjoy it anyway.

Manicotti by Alexis

1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/8 teaspoon pepper
15 oz. jar ricotta
1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
3 Tablespoons romano cheese
2 cups mozzarella
8 large cannelloni or 10 jumbo stuffing shells, cooked (or you could also use manicotti noodles)
spaghetti sauce

Combine egg, salt and pepper. One at a time, mix in ricotta, parsley flakes, romano cheese, then mozzarella. Fill pasta shells and place in baking dish. Cover with spaghetti sauce and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

If you like, once you fill the pasta, you can place them in one layer in a dish with a lid and freeze them. To cook, take out frozen manicotti, place in baking dish, cover with spaghetti sauce and bake at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes.

No comments: