Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cleaning Tip for Pet Owners

We have pets. But you knew that already.

One of our pets is a cat that is quite fluffy. Like lots of hair. So that leads to lots of shedding. And it occurred to me that I should share one of my favorite tips for dealing with that.

Using a vacuum on our furniture just doesn't seem to get up the pet hair. AT. ALL. But if you put on one of the rubber dishwashing gloves and slowly scrape (for lack of a better word) it across the furniture, you will find a small ball of hair forming.

Here. Let me show you.



Okay. So I try to keep up with it. There wasn't much there to get. But you should have seen it the first few times I did that. Yuck.

I learned that tip from one of my favorite reality shows, "How Clean Is Your House?" It has these two hilarious British ladies who go in to people's homes and do my favorite kind of makeover. They clean it and declutter it. No money involved -- just giving them a home that is wonderful with the things they already have simply because it's clean. Some of the faces these women make are just too funny. If you'd like to watch an episode, they are available in parts on Youtube here. I'm not sure they are still on our American television channels but I think they are still airing.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love How Clean is Your House? ! Great show. We don't have pets, but when I was in high school, my sister and I would have to clean the carpet of our room in a very similar manner. We didn't use rubber gloves, but we would rub our hands over the carpet to collect the massive amounts of hair. We had some serious hair back then. Imagine two teenage Hannah's running around, except that my sister had MUCH longer hair. If we didn't get the hair off the carpet before vacuuming, we'd be responsible for digging the hair out of the vacuum. It was easier to just clean it off the floor first!