Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday's Menu

This recipe was given to me by a lady in our congregation -- the lady who, as it turns out, teaches my Tuesday class. She usually plans at least one of our monthly lunches to be at her home and is amazing. Last year, she coordinated the meal our class provided to a local homeless shelter and contributed much of it herself. She also is one of those go-to people who provide meals for people who are ill or have life changing events. So this is a lady who knows what she's doing.

And as it happens, it was at one of those meals at her house that I tasted this recipe some years ago. She was kind enough to share the recipe with me. And I think you might like it too.

I think you could probably leave out some of the smaller ingredients with no trouble such as the onion or mushrooms, maybe even the green beans. When I tried it, everything was present and it was quite yummy. I hope you like it too.


Wild Rice Casserole

Package of original wild rice, cooked as directed
3 lb. chicken, cooked and deboned
1 can french style green beans, drained
1/2 cup mayonnaise mixed with 1/2 cup sour cream
1 can cream of celery soup
1 small onion, chopped
1 can mushrooms, drained

Mix all ingredients together and place in greased casserole. Top with buttered snack cracker crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

No comments: