Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday's Menu

I'm fairly certain I've shared the link to this recipe before but I don't think I've ever shared the recipe itself. So I'm going to borrow from Robbie's Recipes and share it (I'm afraid it might disappear on me).

This is probably my favorite home made soup although there are times that chili might give it a run for its money. It is such a favorite of mine that, after making it the first few times, I began ordering it in restaurants as well in hopes that it would be just as good. It is also a favorite of my family's and they are usually pretty happy to see it bubbling on the stove.

I usually load it up with potatoes and cheese and I almost never make just one recipe of it. If you look, you can usually find a mixed bag of shredded cheese that has both cheddar and Monterey Jack. The bowl of frozen chopped celery in my freezer -- yeah, that's only there for this soup. Does that give you an idea of how much I love it?

I hope you enjoy it too. After all, it is that time of year.


Loaded Baked Potato Soup

2 cups chicken broth
3 medium potatoes - peeled and cubed
2 green onions - sliced and trimmed
1/2 rib celery - minced
1/4 medium carrot - grated
2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk mixed with 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup shredded cheddar
1/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
2-6 strips cooked bacon - crumbled

Bring first 7 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Lower heat, cover and simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. You're looking to get the potatoes soft at this point. Whisk in milk/flour mixture. Stir in cheese and bacon. Simmer, uncovered, 5 to 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. My family likes it really thick so I usually more cheese to help it along.

No comments: