Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday's Menu

I've said before that I don't think often enough to make Brinner -- breakfast for dinner. And we always enjoy it when we do have that on our menu.

Last night, however, I was craving a breakfast casserole and decided to play around with ingredients I had on hand to come up with one. My son, who isn't crazy about such things because of the eggs, took a second helping so I'm thinking it was a success.

I would think you could switch out ingredients and play around with amounts if you like to make this however you would like it most. I would also think it would be doubled easily to fit a 9x12 pan. I just happened to have some small crescent roll packages because a coupon and sale deal I got last week.

Brunch Casserole

1/2 lb. ground sausage, crumbled, cooked and drained OR equivalent of chopped, cooked ham
1 4-ct. package crescent roll dough
1 cup colby jack shredded cheese
4 eggs, beaten (you could reduce it to 2 if desired)
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish. Lay crescent roll dough flat in bottom of baking dish. Bake approximately 5 minutes.

Mix together sausage, eggs, cheese, milk, and salt and pepper. Pour on top of crescent roll crust. Bake about 20 -30 minutes until golden brown and knife inserted comes out clean. Baking time will depend of depth of baking dish. If egg layer is thinner, time may be less. If egg layer is thicker, baking time may be longer.

No comments: