Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday's Menu

For about a week, I have been craving peach cobbler. Yet I never thought to pick up any peaches (fresh or canned) to make it with. Finally, I grabbed a can of peaches at the store the other day only to realize when I got home that I didn't have something else I needed to make it. But now I was really craving the peach cobbler.

So I made something else -- peach crisp. I used the topping recipe from my Pioneer Woman cookbook (her peach crisp uses fresh peaches and requires a lot more) (not that I would have minded more) ( just sayin').

I have to say it was quite yummy! Hubby wholeheartedly agreed (and he really isn't a peach fan either). I had more than one child ask what the lovely smell coming from the oven was.

The only thing that could have made it better was a scoop of vanilla ice cream melting on the top of it (by the way, that was NOT the thing I was missing even though it is one of my favorite ways to eat peach cobbler).


Peach Crisp

1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter/margarine
1 29-ounce can peaches, drained (or other fruit)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread fruit on bottom of 8 or 9 inch square baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle approximately 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, if desired, lightly over fruit. In a mixing bowl, blend flour, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over fruit. Bake for about 40 minutes or until topping has browned well. Serve warm.

No comments: