Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Phobias

As sure as I am coming down a high access ramp onto the freeway, from the backseat, I will hear a sweet little voice say, "Careful." The Rugrat seems to have a thing about high places. At times I have been in the center of a four lane road and have heard that cautious "careful" as we pass over a bridge.

From her window, she can view exactly where and how we're going anywhere. I often also hear the question, "Turn right?" or "Turn leff?" She is so aware of everything and usually discussing it non-stop.

But the height thing seems to have just gotten a voice about 4 or 5 months ago.

I can't say much. I have claustrophobia. Oh, it isn't so bad that I can't ride in an elevator but it can be annoying. Most of the friends I have know and expect that I'll have to sit at the place on the restaurant table where I can easily get out. Hubby understands it too. I generally have to have the end of the pew unless it's just us (as in someone I can feel okay about climbing over to get out).

Hubby can't say much either. We've agreed that if we ever go on 'The Amazing Race' I'll be doing the height and water challenges and he can do the weird eating stuff.

Chick and Dude both have a thing about bugs. I'm not really sure where that came from. If they are about to get in the shower and find a spider, I'm the one who kills it (despite the fact that they both have a few inches on me which they obnoxiously enjoy pointing out). I don't know that it's necessarily to a phobia level but they don't want anything to do with them. So they have nothing to say either.

I guess everyone has a deep seated fear of some kind. Even if it's not a phobia, I suppose fear is a thing that all of us have in common. And it can be dealt with if not overcome.

Like Rugrat's sweet little voice reminding me to be careful and not to fall.

No comments: