Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, June 8, 2012

Braids!!

 We made our first attempt at braids this morning. Rugrat had short hair for her time before us but it grew quite quickly (in fact, I'm thinking it must have been a feat for them to keep it short). She has had to get over having it brushed and fixed in the morning. Until we got a kid's all-in-one shampoo plus conditioner to use, she would have a few (very few) tangles which would result in great weeping and wailing. Now the one tangle she sometimes has results in a prune face and the word "tangle" before we go on to the business of putting it up.

When I got the first braid this morning, she ran her hand over it and commented on it several times.




"Beautiful." and "Like it." were the things I heard most. It wasn't as neat as I like but I figured this was her intro to getting it braided and I would probably put it in a ponytail before the day was over anyway. Her hair is so fine that I would be surprised if it stays in the braids for too long.


It makes me happy that she had such a positive reaction though. Maybe we're starting to get past the "hair styling is 'torture'" to the "what should we do with my hair today" stage.

No comments: