Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, July 27, 2012

As American as....

So, I know that doesn't look so pretty but those who partook of it had no complaints. After dinner, while Hubby bathed Rugrat and got her ready for bed, I made some apples that had just about been sitting too long in the fridge into an apple pie.

It is supposed to have a streusel topping but apparently this was not the recipe I had used before. The last time I made a streusel topped apple pie, it was for taking to a friend's house that evening. It looked beautiful and perfect.

Approximately one minute after removing it from the oven and setting it on the stove top to cool down, we heard a loud pop. My glass pie plate had cracked. Needless to say, it didn't go to our friend's house.

This recipe for streusel topping was much too wet and therefore burned somewhat. As I said, it didn't stop anybody from digging in.

So I'll try a different one next time. Even if Rugrat asked for apple pie for breakfast.

No comments: