Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Friday, July 20, 2012

Scenes from the Home Front

Okay. Mostly from the kitchen. But that's where I spend a lot of my time.


 Our dining room awaits the next meal.




 Yes. It is that time again. If Arkansas' national "bird" is the mosquito, then Oklahoma's is definitely the fly. I feel like the battle never really ends. I was somewhat gratified to go to Bunco and see the hostess (who I had arrived early to help since it was my month) with fly swat in hand. Her household tip is to use the vacuum nozzle to get them when they are stuck between the window and the blind. LOL

Rugrat's little watering can for her "flower garden" -- a pot of dying zinnias that was clearanced for 50 cents. Every time we go to the garden center at Lowe's, she is in awe of all the rows and rows of flowers. She walks through touching them and exclaiming, "beautiful!"


 More tomatoes ripening. My tomato plant has finally begun to slow down. I can't really blame it. I'm sure it's quite exhausted and with good reason. :)


My little kitchen radio/cd player. I've been wanting one for a while. Shortly after Christmas, my sister-in-law sent my a picture from the thrift store where they had found one sitting on the shelf and asked if it was what I had been looking for. She promptly grabbed it and mailed it to me (and wouldn't let me reimburse them a cent -- the boogers). I love it. And it makes me happy every time I use it.


 Bread dough ready to be shaped


Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: