Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday's Menu

I was making more chocolate syrup (for making chocolate milk with) up the other day and it occurred to me that I had not tried making other flavored syrups before. So I looked up one that I had wished for occasionally.

You see, when I make yogurt, it turns out beautifully -- if it's plain. When I try to make vanilla, our flavor of choice, it just won't set up right. I don't know if its the vanilla or the little bit of sugar I have to add but it just doesn't gel like it is supposed to. It occurred to me to try getting some vanilla flavored milk to use but I haven't yet.

However, I did find this recipe for vanilla syrup. I haven't tried it yet with making yogurt but Hubby has enjoyed some vanilla diet Pepsi's lately thanks to it. Many of the people who commented on the recipe mentioned adding it to their coffee and latte's too.

So I'm thinking it may work well for making vanilla milk as well.

Regardless, this is a fun addition to your recipe stash -- if for no other reason than the next time you've got a craving for a vanilla drink.


Vanilla Syrup

2 cups water
2 cups brown sugar (regular granulated works fine too)
2 Tablespoons vanilla

Bring water and sugar to a boil. Boil about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Allow to cool. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.

No comments: