Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Rocky Speaks

Hey, out there. Just wanted to say hello.

So.

Hello.

Life is going good for the ole family dog, I guess. I still have to fight constantly with the 5-year-old for lap time with my mistress but I've learned to take her lap when the kid is occupied elsewhere.

The two older ones, especially the girl, are pretty good about letting me snuggle up in their blankets for a nap. If the boy is around, I usually just take the futon in the game room though. His room has an odd smell sometimes. I think it's that boy thing.

The 5-year-old can be nice to me sometimes too. She has a pretty comfy round chair in her room and she'll clean it off for me if I want to have a nap there. She also slips me her pizza crusts sometimes. And I get the crusts that are cut off from her peanut butter sandwiches too. Yum! Not to mention all the food she drops -- just drops -- on the ground. I guess little humans are kind of clumsy.

Once in a great while she'll even sit with me and rub my back. So I guess it's worth having her around even if she does like to dig her fingers under my belly and push me off the mistress' lap.

The boy seems to like to take me for walks. Those are usually good. The other day, though, it was pretty cold. It took me a while but I finally convinced him to go home. Sometimes humans can be pretty thick.

But he takes good care of me -- fills my dish and makes sure I get at least one treat a day. And there's always something to bark at out the window. That cat is getting old enough that she sounds like Darth Vader when she's resting but I ignore her most of the time.

Life is good. I can't complain.

Just thought I'd update you on things around here -- you know, from the doorknobs down. Hope your life is going well too. Good talking to ya.

No comments: