So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, January 28, 2013


This past week was rough for me! Rough! And I'm really glad it's over.

One of my co-workers (the other daytime lady) got pretty ill. Normally, for the week I work about two or three days. I average around 6 to as much as 10 hours. I picked up a lot of the slack though with her being out and ended up working over 20 hours last week.

That wouldn't have been so bad except that we also went to the guest speaker sessions at our congregation at the beginning of the week.

Which still wouldn't have been too bad if I hadn't signed up for various things which required me to make cookies for Tuesday night and two pies for Thursday night.

Which still might not have been so bad if Rugrat hadn't decided to start getting up an hour earlier every morning -- hence my getting up an hour earlier. If you've been reading this any time AT ALL, you know how much I need my sleep.

 On days I work, I try to leave a meal ready-to-go-in-the-oven waiting in the fridge -- with instructions (which often include "remove plastic wrap first" or the like). So I was also throwing in shopping for/preparing those.

And I probably still would have been okay except that throwing all those hours in at work was not planned. It was almost a day by day thing. I don't do well with several things going on in a busy week when I can't sleep and I can't plan for it.

On Thursday, during the last hour or two of my shift, I managed to:

**sprinkle/splash my head and face with bleach water at least twice
**dump cheesecake bites on the table while trying to fill the little cups TWICE
**pour milk into my apron pocket
**drop a cup of frozen yogurt onto the floor (yogurt side down) after what can only be deemed as an effort at juggling it.

I also suddenly developed an inability to speak in proper English at some point on Thursday or Friday.

I was utterly exhausted. And my allergies took advantage. I ended up snuffling and breathing through my mouth by the end of Saturday.

But that's over now. Rugrat was feeling a little put out by the end of it and Chick was pretty sure that no amount of extra allowance was going to make up for all the extra babysitting time. But we made it through. And my friend is feeling better. And I'm only scheduled for two days this week. Woo hoo!

Now, if only my Nyquil will kick in, I think I might feel normal again.

No comments: