Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sometimes Happiness Comes In a Jar


and seeing all of these lined up definitely makes me happy.


 Yesterday, before going to work in the afternoon, I made spaghetti sauce from all those tomatoes I showed you. I filled every small jar I had available but still had a large stockpot full of sauce.

So, on my way to work, I stopped off and did what I should have done in the first place last year -- I got quart jars.

And, while watching tv last night, I canned the remainder.

Hearing that little pop as the jar cools and the lid seals makes me smile every time. Even though I had no interest in learning how to do this years ago when I had the perfect teacher available (and who would probably have loved teaching her granddaughter such an art).

I wonder if, now, she grins too.


No comments: