Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sometimes Happiness Comes In a Jar


and seeing all of these lined up definitely makes me happy.


 Yesterday, before going to work in the afternoon, I made spaghetti sauce from all those tomatoes I showed you. I filled every small jar I had available but still had a large stockpot full of sauce.

So, on my way to work, I stopped off and did what I should have done in the first place last year -- I got quart jars.

And, while watching tv last night, I canned the remainder.

Hearing that little pop as the jar cools and the lid seals makes me smile every time. Even though I had no interest in learning how to do this years ago when I had the perfect teacher available (and who would probably have loved teaching her granddaughter such an art).

I wonder if, now, she grins too.


No comments: