Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, March 9, 2015

Monday's Menu

I don't know about you but I am ready for Spring. I was craving anything lemon this past week and I think that is why. I want some warm weather and lemons seem like a piece of sunshine.

So, I decided to make some lemonade. I've found my new favorite recipe on Little House Living. My old recipe was good but this tastes so much better.

I think you could easily substitute other fruit juices (unsweetened and preferably fresh squeezed) for the lemon juice in this recipe because it is a simple syrup diluted with juice and water. I haven't ever tried it though. Other than water, lemonade is about my favorite drink.

Let me know what you think.

Old-Fashioned Lemonade

1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (or bottled if you must)
4 cups water

Make a simple syrup by mixing water and sugar together in a pan and heating until completely dissolved. Pour into pitcher. Add lemon juice and water. Cool and refrigerate. Enjoy!

No comments: