Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

School Daze

We actually started our second year of home schooling at the beginning of August. I wanted to allow plenty of time to do our family trips and take time off when we needed it. Plus, I figured we would be sure to get out early at the end of the year that way -- which is when I will probably need it more.


She is always up for Art. It is still by far her favorite subject...




although a few of her science experiments have been on par with Art -- like this one that required her to make a paper mache ant and then identify the body parts.


You know you're having fun if its messy, right!

Things got off to a difficult start (as usual) but then we seemed to hit our groove. So much so, that one day recently, I took her to for a treat because she had done so well.



When I told her where we were going, she excitedly proclaimed that I was the best mother ever. And then she said, "I'm glad you didn't have to fight in the Civil War."

No, she didn't think I was that old. Can you guess what we have been studying?

And, in this case, she was also slightly put out when she learned that only men used to fight in wars. But, I guess she was okay with it if it meant she got donuts eventually. I don't know. I am slowly learning to just go with it.










No comments: