Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Summer Joy

I keep telling Hubby I'm a simple girl. Here's proof right here. This little pantry door shelf makes me obscenely happy.


It arrived today and I installed it. And suddenly it felt like my pantry was twice as big. Which is really saying something because it is basically a linen closet in my kitchen. Our house has 4 bedrooms, 2 floors, and close to 2500 square feet. But for some reason, the architect thought that we needed only a space about the size of two kitchen cabinets stacked on top of each other to store our food. ????  I can only assume that they think everyone eats out for 90 percent of their meals nowadays.

I have decided after living here and dealing with these size pantries in our last several houses (when it has one at all) that I don't want another house with no pantry. It will either need a large, walk-in and dance sized pantry or a place that can be converted to one.

But this little hanging door shelf helped tremendously. And once I filled it, I was able to do some organizing.


I found a few things I didn't know I had. And that I had extras of a few things that I didn't realize I had. For example, that jar of pickles against the back wall. I would have sworn I bought more but when we had hamburgers the other day, I couldn't find them anywhere. Even taking stuff out and moving things around. I decided I had fooled myself.

Imagine my surprise when they were right there, hidden beneath the tuna and behind the cans of tomato sauce. Corralling all the vinegars/sauces/oils in that bin was another very good idea I found while talking myself into buying that shelf. It was a little more than I liked but it is made to be sturdy and holding quite a bit of weight so I got it. Not to mention how nice it is to be able to see everything.

Rugrat is a simple girl too. Sometimes. For about $10 more than my shelf, we found this on sale at Big Lots and got it.


It is just her size (the water comes about to the top of my hips) and she has literally asked to swim in it every day since we got it. Even when it was raining outside on one of the two days it has rained this year in Oklahoma. I'm joking of course. It's rained on four days. ;)

Anything making you obscenely happy this summer so far?

No comments: