Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Not Gonna Toss It

 Several weeks ago, as Chick was packing up more stuff to take to her apartment, she brought down a bunch of yarn.

She is a knitter. She is always finding something else to knit and has made several things as gifts as well. These were leftover skeins and a couple that she had bought and then decided not to use. She mentioned taking them to Goodwill. I suggested first trying to sell them though and told her I would list them on Marketplace.

Well, that didn't work out really since most knitters need a little more of each color than what's left over after a project. I still felt like I could use them for something. I just didn't know what.

I had no intention of attempting, yet again, to learn how to knit and the last time I crocheted anything, it was quite wonky. Also, I think I might have been in my teens. So, I googled projects with yarn -- making sure to exclude knitting and crocheting.

One of the ones that popped up was a pom pom rug. Some of the yarn was a red, white, and blue mix that Chick had made into a doll blanket for Rugrat. Rugrat dearly loves anything red, white, and blue OR with flags OR Americana. There was also a good chunk of royal blue and white yarn.

Sounds like a project. I began making pom poms. I ordered some rug mat. Made more pom poms. Made a few more pom poms. Bought some more blue. Made some more pom poms. Got sick of it and put it away. Finally pulled it out. Made it more pom poms. And a few more.

And TA-DA! Finally finished it.



It is quite plush which also means it is pretty heavy. But it is very soft. In fact, Trixie jumps on it every time I set it on the floor while working on it. And she liked to lay down on it. 

Unfortunately, she also wanted to dig in it. And pulled a few strings out while playing on it. So we'll see how well it survives. But I plan to place it somewhere that she won't have regular access to it so that may help.

I still have a bag of random colors but I think I will probably not attempt to put them in a pattern. Instead, I will make them all and then just arrange them in a random way hoping for the best. We'll see how it goes. 

What is something you have found a way to use before tossing it out? And how did it turn out?


No comments: