Featured Post

A Little Change

 I have finally finished organizing all those recipes. You will now find tabs at the top (look up) leading to individual recipe categories. ...

Verses

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! Luke 1:45

Monday, January 23, 2017

The Skippack School

Currently, Rugrat is reading The Skippack School by Marguerite de Angeli for literature.

As a general rule, she does much better with her comprehension of chapter books like this one if she has to answer some basic comprehension questions.

Some of the books in this Sonlight curriculum are not really on the top 10 list that every child in America reads. I have never even heard of some of them. But I like that they line up very well with the rest of the curriculum content.

That being said, it can be very hard to find even the most basic comprehension questions for them to help her kind of cement the events in her head. So, after an exhausting search the other night, I finally just sat down to read the remainder of the book and make up my own.

I am placing them here for anyone else who might like to use them (and in case I accidentally delete the file before we finish :) ). You can find them here.


No comments: