You might remember that I had begun a prayer quilt. That post is here. I decided to try putting it together even though some of my corners were off. After all, taking a hint from the women of the past, only God is perfect. I just didn't have to purposely put any mistakes in -- I am already skilled at doing that naturally. Ha ha.
So I made my quilt sandwich and secured it with as many pins as I could stand to put in. I tried to stretch each of the layers tight but still ended up with a wrinkle here or there. Quilting is really not my forte.
Then, I added the ties (without tying them). Not tying the strings kind of drove me nuts. I didn't realize it would bother me but it really did. I guess it's something about leaving it unfinished. But, of course, that's the point of the prayer quilt. Each knot is tied by someone who has prayed for you.
It wasn't too bad when I was done. I still told our leader not to fix anything if it wasn't good, just to return it to me and I would use it for a tv blanket. I didn't want her to have to redo anything or spend time trying to make it right.
I haven't gotten it back yet so I am assuming she was okay with it. I'll let you know.






No comments:
Post a Comment